There are a number of confirmed events related to Virality that might be of interest to readers of this blog.
Following the academic launch of Virality at Goldsmiths College in October and the launch party with Mute Magazine in Limehouse last Friday (more on that collaboration soon in another post), I will be joining Jussi Parikka at the School of Arts and Humanities (Culture, Media and Creative Industries) Kings College, London on the 20th March (this new date is penciled in replacing the Feb 6th) for our “Anomalies, Archaeology and Contagion” talk and discussion followed by a wine reception for both Virality and Jussi’s What is Media Archaeology?
There’s an interesting event at the University of East London (School of Arts and Digital Industries) in Feb where I’m planning to do a piece on “Viral Love and the Underground Man.” The “Love Slam” event is on the 14th Feb 6-9pm.
As part of an ongoing series of collaborations with artists and musicians I’ve been working with the “crowd” artist Dean Todd on a performance piece for Virality which will be exhibited at the “Bookworks” show between April 8-19th, also at the University of East London.
On April 11th 2013 I will visit the Copenhagen Business School to do a talk called “Putting the Neuron Doctrine to Work.” This is for an invite to a public lecture series called “Public Sphere, Crowd Sentiments and the Brain.”
I have a provisional working title for a confirmed invite to the Department of Sociology and Communications at Brunel University on May 24th. “Too Much Connectivity” will form part of the “New Media and the Internet: Digital Democracy or Complex Chaos?” series of workshops.
Between July 1-3rd we (Darren Ellis, John Cromby, Lewis Goodings, Tony Sampson, and Ian Tuckerare) are off to the Fourth International and Interdisciplinary Conference on Emotional Geographies at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands to run a couple of seminars called “Leaking Affects and Mediated Spaces.”
Finally, there are a few other events in the pipeline including a contribution to an exhibit at the Berlin Transmediale Festival in Jan-Feb 2013, and a series of workshops at the University of Bern in Switzerland on the subject of the Immunologic. More details to follow.
- Gadget Consciousness: Collective Thought, Will and Action in the Age of Social Media
- Digital Ecologies II: Fiction Machines – final call
- Truly Civic: Strengthening the connection between universities and their places
- #SSASS ANIMATIONS AND PROVOCATIONS Summer School call
- A review of the Reworking the Brain session at Transmediale in Berlin on 1st Feb
- Reworking the Brain at Transmediale, 2019 Berlin
- Meme War at Open Intelligence Lab (OILab) Workshop
- @ChukaUmunna @Anna_Soubry @sarahwollaston @heidiallen75 @TheIndGroup Oi! @ChukaUmunna your new colleague, Anna Sou… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Oi! @ChukaUmunna your new colleague, Anna Soubry, consistently voted for reductions in welfare benefits and almost… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @PeoplesMomentum: "If you're so confident, why not have a by-election?" 😏 https://t.co/wvUNEvJmcy 3 days ago
- Gadget Consciousness: Collective Thought, Will and Action in the Age of Social Media viralcontagion.blog/2019/02/20/gad… 3 days ago
- Digital Ecologies II: Fiction Machines – final call viralcontagion.blog/2019/02/19/dig… 4 days ago
- New journal for "capturing the emerging tools, approaches and methods of practice-based and practice-led research.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Truly Civic: Strengthening the connection between universities and their places viralcontagion.blog/2019/02/18/tru… 5 days ago