See link to role as co-founder of the Cultural Engine Research Group and Club Critical Theory – CERG blog
Internally Funded Projects (Public Engagement)
- Project Lead on Website and UX Research (awarded £2,000) with Essex CC Resorting to the Coast development
- Project Lead on Resorting to the Coast Conference organisation and management of student volunteers (awarded £4,000 plus £8,000 from Essex CC HLF)
- Project Lead on Silvertown Sessions: Supporting the Communication Needs of the Local Community (awarded £750)
Research Internship Fund
- Project Lead on Digital Food Cultures Focus Groups (awarded £2,000)
- Project Lead on EmotionUX Lab Website Project (awarded £2,000)
- Project Lead on Essex Futures Conference – a 2 Day Conference at the Civic Centre in Southend-on-Sea (awarded £2,500)
Research and Public Engagement Conferences Organised
4x Affect and Social Media Interdisciplinary and International UEL Conferences/Symposia: LINKS https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781786604392/Affect-and-Social-Media-Emotion-Mediation-Anxiety-and-Contagion)
- A&SM#4 – University of East London, 7th Nov 2018: LINKS https://viralcontagion.blog/affect-social-media4/, https://www.uel.ac.uk/news/2018/11/a-and-sm-conference With speakers from US, Canada, Israel, Denmark, Germany, Hungary, Austria and UK.
- A&SM#3 University of East London, 25th May 2017: LINKS https://www.uel.ac.uk/Events/2017/05/Affect-and-Social-Media-3
- A&SM#2 University of East London, 23rd March 2016: LINKS https://www.uel.ac.uk/news/2016/03/affect-and-social-media
- A&SM#1 University of East London, 27th Feb, 2015.
- Co-organizer and project lead of the funded Cultural Engine/Essex County Council/UEL conference Resorting to the Coast: Valuing the Past to Shape the Future, 27th April 2018 at the Columbine Centre, Princes Esplanade, Walton-on-the-Naze, Essex. LINKS: http://www.essex.gov.uk/News/Pages/360000-National-Lottery-funding-boost-to-take-us-back-to-the-roots-of-the-Tendring-seaside.aspx
- Co-organiser and project lead of the funded Essex Futures Conference at Southend Civic Centre (Borough Council), Southend, Essex 15-16th Sept, 2016. LINKS: https://www.uel.ac.uk/undergraduate/open-days/events/2016/9/essex-future-conference, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL5d_p_xrsg
External and Collaborative Funding Projects applied for
- Proposed Project Partner (with ActiViM) on collaborative application submitted to Europe for Citizens “Understanding the European Past of Fascism Cultures: Actions towards a Virtual Museum.” (10,000Euro).
- Proposed Project Lead on CERC/DSWG/UEL “Creative Digital: Southend” project – bid to “Make Happen” (HEFCE and Essex University), (£95, 000).
- Proposed partner on collaborative application submitted to the 4th HERA Joint Research Programme “Public Spaces: Culture and Integration in Europe.” (160, 000Euro of 1 millionEuro).
- Proposed PI for Virality/Journalism project made to AHRC (£500k).
- Proposed Project Partner for Digital Piracy projectbid made to British Academy (£10k).